100 Best Gardening Hacks And Ideas in 2023
The Modern Organic Home: 100+ DIY Cleaning Products, Organization Tips, and Household Hacks
Vegan: Vegan Diet Plan for Begineers: 76 Vegan Recipes and 8 Weeks of Diet Plans
1001 Foods You Must Taste Before You Die
The Kitchen Paraphernalia Handbook: Hundreds of Substitutions for Common and Uncommon Utensils, Gadgets, Tools, and Techniques
Going Off The Grid: The How-To Book Of Simple Living And Happiness
Plant Theatre Funky Veg KIT Gift Box - 5 Extraordinary Vegetables to Grow -Everything You Need to Start Growing in one Box! Super Grow Kit Gift
- PLANT THEATRE’S Funky Veg Kit is the ORIGINAL and BEST, beware of imitators. EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO START GROWING your funky vegetables in one box, we’ve left nothing out! Ideal for beginners, gardeners and children alike. INCLUDES 5 Peat Growing Biodegradable Pots, 5 Peat Discs that expand to 7 times their size when watered, 5 Plant Markers and of course 5 foil sealed seed sachets, plus full SOWING & GROWING TIPS.
- GREAT GROWING PERFORMANCE – all our seeds are laboratory tested before release by our leading US seed supplier and then sealed in foil packets for freshness! MADE IN THE USA and 100% NON- GMO.
- DISTINCTIVE and UNUSUAL vegetables: PURPLE CARROTS; a stunning hybrid that combines GREAT TASTE with VIGOROUS GROWTH, YELLOW COURGETTES great SLICED in stir fries, STRIPPED TOMATOES – unusual and ideal for stuffing, RED DELICIOUS BRUSSELS SPROUTS a novelty purple-red sprout will add colour to your plate, it RETAINS its novel colour after cooking! MULTI COLOURED SWISS CHARD – an exciting mixture offering coloured stems in classic RED, WHITE, PINK, VIOLET, GREEN- GOLD, ORANGE and YELLOW!
- BRIGHTEN UP MEALTIMES with this exciting selection, PERFECT GROWING EXPERIENCE for young and old, beginners or old green fingers! Get growing today. Home grown TASTES EVEN BETTER.
- A THOUGHTFUL GIFT beautifully presented in the illustrated gift box, this seed kit has everything you need to start growing, go on treat yourself or a LOVED ONE today!
The Wedding Party Store Custom Personalized Big Machete with Rope - Engraved Survival Jungle Gift Idea for Groomsmen, Fathers Day, Birthday, Husband, Hunting
- FREE ENGRAVING - And each one to cart separately at NO EXTRA COST
- LENGTH - Measures a full 17" long and comes with a sheath
- GREAT GIFT - Perfect for the man who loves to camp, hunt, fish, or hack their way out of the zombie apocalypse
- FAST SHIPPING - Your entire order, engraving and all, will ship in 1-3 DAYS
- 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEED - Contact us and let us know if you have any questions or concerns - Your satisfaction is our TOP priority
Desert Garden Ideas for the Reformed Water Waster
Desert gardening is an excellent choice for the plant lover residing in a drought zone. Learn about the initial setup, basic desert gardening, tips for plant selection and easy maintenance regimens.
Desert gardening is an excellent choice for the plant lover residing in a drought zone. Has your city has instituted watering restrictions that leave lush lawns looking sickly? Are hot summers simply not conducive to growing lush vegetation? There are plenty of ideas for the desert garden to fit any budget. Learn about the initial setup, basic desert gardening, tips for plant selection and easy maintenance regimens.
How to set up a desert garden: Tools and Supplies
If desert gardening involves the use of an already tilled plot, consider yourself lucky. All others must make do with rocky, difficult-to-turn and frequently alkaline soils. Assemble your tools carefully.
Tip: Work with -- not against -- your desert garden soil. Sure, you can change the pH level dramatically, but do you really want to commit to a rigorous maintenance schedule for years to come?
Plant options: Gardening Tips for Trees and Flowerbeds
Choose your desert garden inhabitants with an eye on sun exposure and soil acidity.
Tip: For very inhospitable soils, consider a layering approach to raising a flowerbed. Pile up the soil and keep it in place with decorative rocks, brick or wood. Add sand, compost and soil. Mix it together and firm the soil. Water and mix the soil again. After firming the soil once more, your raised flowerbed is ready to go.
Desert gardening 101: Planting and Maintaining the Desert Garden
Planting your desert trees calls for a hole as deep as the root ball and two to three times as wide. Gently loosen the roots, hold the tree in place and fill the hole with previously removed soil. Introducing flowers into the desert garden can be as simple as sowing seeds or planting already established flowers from pots. Watering is crucial until the plants are well established. Once the plants and trees had a chance to grow a sizable root network, water deeply once a week. Extremely hot weather -- and very sandy soils -- calls for more frequent watering sessions.
Tip: It is not necessary to fill every open space with trees and flowers. Instead, put down some garden paths with colorful rocks or tiles. Use large rocks as eye-catching focal points and do not shy away from a cycling water fountain as a centerpiece.
What about cacti?
Desert garden ideas frequently suggest the introduction of various cactus plants. While it is true that the cactus -- and its cousin, the succulent -- is the quintessential desert garden plant, I have found that palms and desert flowers are far more attractive and offer opportunities for plenty of combinations. Flowers let you change the color, scent and look of the desert garden whenever you choose. Cacti are somewhat more permanent.