Best Garden Beds in 2023
Lifetime 60069 Raised Garden Bed Kit, 4 by 4 Feet, Pack of 3
Greenes Fence RCEC6T21B Best Value Cedar Raised Garden Bed Planter, 48" W x 96" L x 10.5" H
- Greens value raised garden bed: Greens Fence value line of cedar raised garden beds allows you to create an open-bottom frame to support your garden. Raised garden beds give your plants the room They need to grow in the location of your choice. Our cedar frame is made in the USA of North American Cedar and left untreated, which means it is organic and safe to grow vegetables, herbs, and fruits in.
- Value Line: with boards that are unhanded and thinner than our original and premium lines, our value raised garden beds allow you to have a beautiful garden without the premium price.
- Easy to set up: Greens Fence uses dovetail interlocking joints, which makes assembly a breeze. Each board slides into the corner posts without tools to form a secure open-bottom garden frame. Every corner post is routed on all four sides for easy assembly and expansion. The decorative Tops can be added to each post using a screwdriver.
- Stack and expand: our value line of garden beds can be connected or stacked with other value beds and add-on parts to create the Grand garden of your dreams.
- LONGEVITY AND SPECIFICATIONS: Cedar is resistant to rot and insects, making it the perfect choice for your garden. Left organic, the wood will weather nicely to a silver-gray color over time. To preserve the wood apply a seal or stain of your choice. Each board is 1/2 inch thick and 3.5 inches in height. The routed corner posts are 1.5 inches square and come with 2.5-inch-square decorative tops.
Cedar Raised Garden Bed Kit (48" x 48" x 12"), Weed Barrier Included - Unmatched Strength, Thicker Than All Other Elevated Planters - 100% Rot Resistant Cedar - Fast Assembly, No Tools Needed
- UNMATCHED STRENGTH: Our premium cedar boards are taller and three times thicker than cheaper competitors. At 1 ½ inch thick, our bed provides the necessary strength year after year to prevent bowing, cracking, and breaking. Do not let a low quality garden bed ruin your hard work during growing season.
- 100% ROT RESISTANT CEDAR: We only use premium grade cedar because it's the #1 rot resistant material for your raised bed. Others may cut cost by using fir or pine that looks similar, but those materials are widely known to have zero resistance to rot and do not belong in your garden.
- WEED BARRIER INCLUDED: Already cut-to-size and sewn up at the corners of the bed. Designed to let air and water through for excellent drainage, while keeping in your soil and nutrients. Laying this weed barrier down after assembling your bed also prevents existing weeds and grasses from growing through.
- FAST ASSEMBLY, NO TOOLS NEEDED: Stack the boards, line up the holes at the corners, and drop in the heavy duty galvanized steel rods. Assembly is that easy! With you in mind, we sanded all sides and edges of each board. No tools, no splinters, no comparison.
- TOUGH AS A RHINO: You want a raised bed to last more than a year, so don't buy the cheapest on the market. This is the strongest, longest-lasting, easiest to assemble, best looking garden bed available.
Yaheetech Raised Garden Bed Kit - Wooden Elevated Planter Garden Box for Vegetable/Flower/Herb Outdoor Solid Wood 96.7 x 24.6 x 10.6inches
- Selected materials: Our raised garden bed is made of non-toxic fir wood without painting. The boards are only sanded to prevent any undesired injury caused by wood splinters. 1.5cm/0.6’’ thick solid wood boards are joined and fixed by screws, making it a durable piece for your long-term use.
- Multifunctional: This garden bed planter is separated into two growing area for different plants or planting methods. The baffle can be removed to create a bigger growing area if needed. You can get several garden beds to design and build your own dream garden.
- Useful & practical: With this helpful planter, you can cultivate plants like vegetable, flowers, or herbs in your patio, yard, garden and greenhouse, making them more convenient to manage. Yaheetech large raised garden bed provides ample growing space for your plants.
- Simple assembly: This divisible garden bed is built in a simple yet stable structure by heavy duty screws, which is very easy and quick to set up. The accessories and instruction are included.
- Low maintenance required: Our high-quality garden bed planter is built to last for years without much care and maintenance.
Best Choice Products Raised Garden Bed 48x24x30-inch Elevated Wood Planter Box Stand for Backyard, Patio, Natural
- SPACIOUS GARDENING BED: Designed with a nearly 4-foot-long bed deep enough to ensure your plants and vegetables can breathe and grow healthy
- DRAINAGE HOLES: Allows excess water to drain out, keeping soil fresh and preventing plants from overwatering
- ERGONOMIC STRUCTURE: Stands 30 inches tall, making it perfect for those who struggle to bend down or lean over while gardening
- VERSATILE DESIGN: Adds a new hint of beauty to any part of your home; perfect for placement on the patio, porch, deck, balcony, or in the garden
- GARDEN BED LINER: Separates wood from the soil, keeping planter in excellent condition and preventing weeds and pests from interfering with plant growth; OVERALL DIMENSIONS: 48.5"(L) x 23"(W) x 30"(H); Weight Capacity: 34 lbs.
Yaheetech 3 Tier Wooden Raised Garden Bed Elevated Planter Box Kit Outdoor Solid Wood 49''x49''x21.9''
- Selected material – Our raised garden bed is made of no paint, non-toxic 100% fir wood, which is known for its strength and dimensional stability as well as its natural resistance to rot and pests. The 1.5cm/ 0.6’’ thick solid wood boards are only sanded to prevent any undesired injury caused by wood splinters.
- Useful & Practical – With this helpful planter, you can cultivate plants like vegetable, flowers, herbs in your patio, yard, garden and greenhouse, and make them more convenient to manage.
- Customizable design – This elevated planter provides 3 growing areas for different plants or planting methods. Each tier is connected with wood plugs, which allows this 3-tier garden bed to be easily transformed into 3 separate growing beds in different sizes if needed.
- Low maintenance required – Our high-quality garden bed planter is built to last for years without much care and maintenance.
- Easy-to-assemble – This vegetable garden is built in a simple yet stable structure which is very easy and quick to set up. Necessary hardware is included for your convenience.
Vita Gardens 4x4 Garden Bed with Grow Grid, Packaging may vary
- Requires no tools for assembly
- Available in classic white
- Better yield than traditional planting in the same area because plants are placed closer together
- Can be attached together
- Packaging may vary, Old model number:VA68236, updated packaging model number :VT17103
Greenes Fence RCEV2448 Fence Elevated Garden Bed, 48" L x 24" W x 31", Cedar
- Perfect for growing vegetables, herbs, and flowers and ideal for patios, porches, decks, and balconies
- Beautify your outdoor living space with the convenience of gardening without bending over
- Naturally rot and insect resistant North American Cedar made in the USA
- Untreated Cedar safe for veggies
- Rustic finish
- Planter is 9 5/8" deep. Overall Product Dimensions: 50.5" L x 27" W x 31" H - Inside Garden Bed Size: 47" L x 23.75" W x 9.6" H
- Constructed with the Greenes dovetail construction method and assembles with a rubber mallet
Keter Easy Grow 31.7 Gallon Raised Garden Bed with Self Watering Planter Box and Drainage Plug, Anthracite
- DIMENSIONS: 44. 9 in. W x 19. 4 in. D x 29. 8 in. H
- WATER GAUGE: Easy to read water gauge indicates when plants need additional moisture
- DRAINAGE SYSTEM that can be opened or closed for full control of watering
- WATER RESERVOIR: full watering system includes a reservoir to prevent root decay and over watering
- EASY ASSEMBLY: Simple assembly with easy-to-follow instructions
- URBAN LIVING: Perfect for use as an herb garden or balcony planter
Greenes Fence Cedar Raised Garden Kit 2 Ft. X 4 Ft. X 10.5 in.
- Made in the USA from naturally rot- and insect-resistant cedar. The wood is 100% chemical free
- Boards slide into the corner posts without tools forming a secure garden frame. To install the decorative tops simply use a screw driver.
- Stacking 2 of these makes your garden 21 inches tall (each kit sold seperately). Each board is 11/16 inch thick and 3.5 inches in height. The routed corner posts are 2.5 inches square and come with 3.5-inch-square decorative tops
- Package contains 12 boards, 4 corner posts, 4 decorative tops (4 screws for tops), and instructions
Yaheetech Wooden Raised/Elevated Garden Bed Planter Box Kit for Vegetable/Flower/Herb Outdoor Gardening Natural Wood, 49 x 23.2 x 30.1in
- Selected material: This natural raised garden bed is made of non-paint, non-toxic 100% fir wood, which is known for its strength and dimensional stability as well as its natural resistance to rot and pests.
- Backache-friendly design: Given its 76.5cm/30.1’’ height, people with backache/knee pain can easily manage the plants without bending down and taking the risk of pain. The thick solid wood boards are sanded well to prevent any undesired injury caused by wood splinters.
- Solid & ample: Our raised bed provides gardeners with adequate and sturdy planting area which can hold up to 100Kg/220Lb.
- Useful & practical: With this helpful planter, you can cultivate plants like vegetables, flowers, herbs in your patio, yard, garden and greenhouse, making them more convenient to manage.
- Easy-to-assemble: This vegetable garden is built in a simple yet stable structure which is very easy and quick to set up. Necessary hardware and instruction are included for your convenience.
FOYUEE Galvanized Raised Garden Bed for Vegetables Elevated Planter Box with Legs Outdoor Patio Apartment Herb Container Metal
- SIZE: 40’’(L) x 16’’(W) x 31’’(H) overall, planter deep: 8.3 inch, holds about 3 cubic feet soil, provide ample growing space to raise vegetables, herbs, flowers and plants
- METAL: Made of stable galvanized steel raised garden bed is anti-rusty, not made of wood which may rot. It can place outside or apartment for long time use
- DRAINAGE: In the middle of the cart is a drainage hole and drainage line to prevent waterlogging, planter can planted directly in the bed
- ERGONOMIC: Elevated raised planter box with legs eliminates the need to bend over, making gardening convenient, with clearance to storage tools
- EASY SETUP: Space saving standing planter only need about 5min and easy to put it together, go ahead to raise the plants
Stratco LG-18424 Raised Garden Bed, Metal, Slate Gray
- Heavy duty metal construction
- Light enough to move and relocate
- Easy to keep clean and looking like new
- Doesn't twist, rot, or suffer termite damage
- Holds 11 cubic feet of soil
KING BIRD Extra-Thick 2-Ply Reinforced Card Frame Raised Garden Bed Galvanized Steel Metal Planter Kit Box Green 68"x 36"x 12" with 8pcs T-Types Tag & 2 Pairs of Gloves (Grey)
- 【TWO YEARS WARRANTY】Update the newest assembly video in April. Show more details about installment, stability and convenience. The most wonderful design of our KING BIRD raised garden bed is not only about the convenient and fast installation without tools, also for its smart design to vastly increase the loading ability and capacity. TWO YEARS WARRANTY and 100% satisfaction After-service are provided, please contact us directly if any questions or doubts.
- 【Extra-thick 2-Ply Reinforcement】 Double card frames on the two sides of sheet make the garden bed more durably and stably; never worry about its distorted or collapsed and it presents much more beautiful design.
- 【Multilayer Galvanized Paint】 Upgraded multilayer galvanized paint efficiently prevents rust and continues to beauty; also never worry about that pest and rain damage the wood garden bed; galvanized steel garden bed provides a lasting use and no discoloration. No painting inside, no worries about the damage for plants.
- 【8pcs T-type Tags & 2 Gloves Free】 2 pairs of gloves provided to give you more convenience in installing and comfort when working in the garden. 8pcs T-type Tags to help you to record the growth process of flower and vegetable.
- 【Vertical Stripe Updated Design】We combine the vertical stripe and the card holder design to improve the raised bed ability in bearing the soil and make the raised bed more textured and beautiful. This can prolong the service time of the raised bed.
NuVue Products Raised 48 by 48 by 15-Inch Garden Box Kit, Extra Tall, White
- No tools required!
- Easy to assemble snap lock system
- Made of HD vinyl and will not rust or rot
- Easily cleans and will look like new year after year
- Heavy duty locking tongue-in-groove sides
Everything is Coming Up Wildflowers: How to Plant a Wildflower Garden
Wildflowers are a great way to cover a large area with color and beauty. Use this easy wildflower garden tips to plant your own wildflower garden.
Wildflower garden tips usually start with choosing the area for your wildflower garden; however, I think that choosing your seeds should be your first step. Even though there are wildflower seed mixes that grow in partial shade, in general wildflowers require full and direct sun to flourish. For a successful wildflower garden, choose seeds from annuals, perennials and biennials. Annuals will die at the first frost but they bloom heavily and drop seeds from the wilted blooms (examples: red poppy and cornflower). Perennials will bloom every year but tend to grow slower than annuals and not bloom until the second year (examples: daisy and dame's rocket). Of course, biennials are a combination of the first two seeds because they only form leaves the first year then bloom and are killed the second year by first frost. They do seed well and are included in wildflower mixes (examples: Black-eyed Susan, Sweet William and Queen Anne's Lace).
After choosing your wildflower mix, choose an area that will receive full sun and, if possible, is near a water source. Even though wildflowers are hardy, they do need water especially when first establishing. However, make sure that the area you choose for your wildflower garden has proper drainage - - standing water will destroy all of your planning and work. You should not need to do much with the soil unless it is completely sterile - - a good rule of thumb is if there is something growing in the area then wildflowers will grow as well. The one preparation you MUST do is remove all weeds and existing plant life from the area. Since herbicides are bad for the environment you can either use a shovel for small areas or a rototiller for large areas. However, do not till further down than necessary to remove the grass roots and other existing growth. If you till too deep, you will turn up dormant weed seeds that will sprout and choke your wildflowers.
Once your area has been cleaned of all existing growth, you are ready to seed your wildflower garden. Wildflowers do not need a fertilizer; however, if you wish to use a fertilizer choose one that is low in nitrogen - - nitrogen encourages grass growth with is exactly what you do not want in your wildflower garden. The best way to spread wildflower seed is to split the seed equally into two containers, mix with ten parts of light sand or vermiculite. Spread the first half of the mixture evenly over the area by tossing handfuls as you walk through your garden. Once the first container is empty, go back through filling in all parts evenly with the second half of the seed mixture. The sand will help you see where you have seeded and what areas require more seed.
After seeding your wildflower garden, use a lawn roller or your feet to gently press the wildflower seeds into the soil - do not rake, till or cover up the seeds just press them down lightly. Water the soil to moisten and continue to moisten the soil until the seedlings reach about six inches. All that is left to do at this point is enjoy your beautiful wildflower garden.
For more detailed information about planting and caring for a wildflower garden, read "How to Create Your Own Wildflower Meadow" at AmericanMeadows.com or "How to Plant amp; Grow Wildflower Seeds" at GardenGuides.com.