Best Garden Edging in 2023
Dimex EasyFlex Plastic No-Dig Landscape Edging Kit, 100-Feet (3000-100C)
Dimex LandShark Pound-in Plastic Landscape Edging Project Kit, 20-Feet (3500-20C-3)
- EASYFLEX LANDSHARK POUND-IN LANDSCAPE EDGING: Create a beautifully landscaped yard without having to hire a professional - landscape edging with minimal ground preparation
- KIT INCLUDES: 20 foot serrated coil of black landscape edging, 2 heavy duty anchoring stakes to keep the ends of the edging in place, and 1 connecting sleeve
- DO-IT-YOURSELF: Score the ground about 2 inches deep around your design, place the edging in desired location and gently push or hammer with the serrated edge facing down
- FLEXIBLE: Flexible, yet sturdy plastic allows the edging to be installed in a straight line or molded to create tight curves
- CUSTOMIZABLE LENGTH: For shorter lengths, simply measure out the amount needed for your project and cut with garden shears - or create a larger design by using the included stakes to join multiple coils
Master Mark Plastics 93340 Terrace Board Landscape Edging Coil 3 Inch by 40 Foot, Brown
- Provides a textured, wood grained look to your landscape edging
- Use it to create a raised layer of mulch, rocks or soil
- Made of strong, recycled plastic and will showcase your landscaping for years
- Provides a textured, wood grained look to your edging
- Blocks spreading of grass while making a neat border
- Creates a raised layer of mulch, rocks or soil
- Made with 100% post consumer recycled HDPE plastic
Dalen Products E3-16B Gardeneer Edge Pound-In Garden and Landscape Edging - Black
- Strong, durable, and easy-to-install
- No trenches to dig - simply hammer into place
- Deep ground anchors keep product in place during freezing and wet conditions
- Perfect for annual garden application
- Simple and effective way to finish off any landscape bed project
- Black color
- 18 feet of coverage (16 interlocking pieces)
- Made from recycled materials
- Made in the USA
AmazonBasics Landscape Edging Coil with Stakes - 5 Inch, Brown
- Recycled plastic landscape edging coil for gardens, lawns, and more
- Faux woodgrain texture and color creates a natural look
- Build clean, crisp borders for grass, raised garden beds, shrubbery, pathways, and more
- Flexible enough to create custom curves as well as structured boxes
- Includes matching stakes to ensure edging stays in place through the seasons
Amagabeli Decorative Garden Fence 18in x50ft Rustproof Green Iron Landscape Wire Folding Fencing Ornamental Panel Border Edge Section Edging Patio Flower Bed Animal Barrier for Dog Outdoor Fences FC02
- SIZE & RUSTPROOF MATERIAL: Decorative metal garden fence with single panel size 18" high x 17" wide, 35 Panels in total. This metal flower bed fencing panels for front yard is made of Dark Green Iron with vinyl pvc powder coated surface will enable you to use the garden fence outdoors durably; the decorative green iron garden fencing is made of rustproof and weather resistant metal material.
- EASY TO USE & FLEXIBLE SET-UP: Each piece of temporary movable border fencing can be easily connected by interlock and folds flat for easy storage; no additional tools required to install this patio landscape edging animal barrier fence: simply stick and secure the spiked feet of this decor no dig fence sections into ground. These no dig metal fence panels can be extended to different shapes according to your special uses of this path edging fence, one straight line, “L”, “O” or zigzag shape.
- FOLDABLE MOVEABLE PORTABLE & EASY TO STORE: Amagabeli patio steel picket folding fencing is foldable and folds flat for easy storage. Amagabeli garden barrier fence for dogs is movable and removable. No additional tools to remove this temporary wire garden fencing for pets for reinstallation in another place. Simply pull the spiked feet of this flower garden border fencing out from the ground where you stick this vegetable garden fencing then reinstall.
- DECOR AND STURDY: The arched iron arts make this ornamental steel garden border fence itself a decorative element for your garden and add more delights to your life, accent border with classic rod iron design to fit any decor; stylish look of this flower garden border fencing will add a modern touch to your garden, patio or yard. The vinyl rustproof coated garden wire fence is welded with thick wires and it is an architectural structure that is durable and sturdy.
- CUSTOMER CARE: We offer premium products for you while exceeding highest industry standards and offer thoughtful and considerate customer care.
Easy No- Dig, Pound-in, Interlocking Landscaping Edging Kit 8" Tall, 20' Long
- DURABLE - made from recycled plastic and gives a clean, finished look around plantings and garden beds.
- GENEROUS LENGTH- Each set makes a 20ft long edge.
- FAST INSTALL-Simply pound each interlocking piece into the ground with a rubber mallet within minutes; in most soils there's no need for cutting, trenching or tearing up sod. To turn a corner, just bend the sections to form the angle you need.
- BEST USED- for normal soils or deep weed protection
Suncast BSE10TG Edging, Borderstone, 10 Pack
- Weed barrier provides function in the garden
- Decorative top looks natural and helps to keep mulch dirt etc in the bed
- Ten 12" sections
- Installs in minutes no digging required
- texture only on front side of product
Dimex EasyFlex Aluminum Landscape Edging Project Kit, Will Not Rust Like Steel, Black (1806BK-24C)
- EasyFlex aluminum landscape edging keeps your garden and flower beds weed-free and blocks grass from growing into your river rock or mulch landscaping. Dimex metal edging will not rust, rot, crack, or degrade over time
- It is Made from recycled material, is non-toxic, has excellent corrosion resistance and is all around environmentally friendly.
- Permanent and virtually maintenance free, Creates straight runs or curves with ease
- Easy installation - just slide the ends of the material together and insert included spikes
Flexible Brown Natural Lawn & Landscape Border Edging (8-Pack)
- Create your own unique designs with flexible wooden lawn edging that beautifully accents your flower beds, garden beds, landscape, lawn boarders and walk ways.
- A unique connector pin, attached to the bottom of the edging, allows you to create any length of edging you want … in a snap!
- Simple do-it-yourself kit allows anyone to create a clean decorative border.
- Three pre-attached ground stakes per section allow fast and easy no-dig installation.
- Each bundle includes 8 sections of edging (sections are 4″ high x 30″ long, totaling 20 feet in length).
Suncast Interlocking Border Edging - Stone -Like Poly Construction for Garden, Lawn, and Landscape Edging - Water Resistant Border for Containing Trees, Flower Beds and Walkways - Light Taupe -Gray
- EASY INSTALLATION: Sections of edging simply slide together and can be tapped with a mallet, which eliminates digging
- DURABLE: Poly construction is sturdy and weatherproof to last for season after season
- DECORATIVE: Taupe-gray stone design adds a flair to your garden or backyard
- CONTAINMENT: Use to keep weeds, grass, and stray hoses out of your gardening beds
- VERSATILE: Edging can be made to create curves around trees or 90 degree corners around flower beds
Dimex 1262-60C 751315012621 EasyFlex Plastic Commercial Grade Snip to Flex Paver Landscape o, 60-Feet
- SNIP TO FLEX PAVER, BRICK, OR LANDSCAPE EDGING: Create a beautifully landscaped yard and paver designs without having to hire a professional with easy to install commercial grade edging
- KIT INCLUDES: 10 6-foot segments for 60 feet of commercial grade plastic edging, measuring 1.75 inches tall
- SNIP TO FLEX: Cut spines where needed to create smooth curves, or leave spines uncut to create rigid straight sections
- DO-IT-YOURSELF: Place the edging around your paved patios, concrete paths, and rock gardens and secure with anchoring stakes (sold separately) for a secure, long lasting border
- DURABLE & FLEXIBLE: Flexible commercial grade plastic allows the edging to be installed in a straight line or molded to form curves
Edge Right - Hammer-in Landscape Edging - 48 inch Strips - 14-Gauge Cor-Ten Steel - 8 inch Depth (5 Pack)
- Do it once, do it Right! Edge Right is the ultimate No-Dig edging. Instead of cheap plastics it's comprised of heavy duty 14 gauge COR-TEN steel.
- Worried about damage from your weed eater? Don't be! Edge Right can take unlimited abuse.
- Edge Right develops a rust patina over time to give a handsome modern look. (It can be sealed too!)
- Uses COR-TEN steel in order to be more malleable for use on curves in your landscape.
- The COR-TEN weathering steel can last well over 100 years.
Dimex EdgePro Plastic Heavy Duty No-Dig Edging Kit, 100-Feet (3100-100C)
- EASYFLEX COMMERCIAL GRADE NO-DIG LANDSCAPE EDGING: Create a beautifully landscaped yard without having to hire a professional – this commercial grade plastic edging can be used for both gardens and paver edging
- KIT INCLUDES: 100-foot coil of heavy-duty black landscape edging, 5 connectors to create a seamless border between different pieces of edging, and 40 8-inch nylon spiral spikes to hold edging in place
- DO-IT-YOURSELF: Place the edging around raised flower beds, trees, and gardens and use a rubber mallet to drive the spikes into the tabs for a secure, long lasting border
- DURABLE & FLEXIBLE: Flexible heavy-duty plastic allows the edging to be installed in a straight line or molded to form curves, and long spiral spikes combat frost heaves and heavy rain to keep your design in place
- CUSTOMIZABLE LENGTH: For shorter lengths, simply measure out the amount needed for your project and cut with garden shears - or create a larger design by using the included connector to join multiple coils
Coyote Landscape Products 5 Piece Steel Home Kit Raw Steel Edging with 15 Edge Pins, 4" by 8', 18-Gauge
- KIT INCLUDES: 5 pieces of 4-inch x 94-inch-long steel edging – spanning approximately 39 linear feet, and 15 matching hairpin stakes to hold the edging in place.
- Raw edge: steel landscape edging provides an option for designs where a natural element is desired.
- Roll-top for safety: eliminates sharp edges and helps protect kids and pets from injury.
- Modern design: not plated or powder coated, allowing natural patina to develop and compliments many modern design concepts.
- Affordable: Our most economical edging product.
Using Bricks as Garden Edging: A Do it Yourself Guide
A guide to how to use bricks to build garden edges or borders.
Garden edging is generally done using brick, stone or concrete, because these materials fair well with age and weather, pose no contamination risks to the earth, form a firm barrier, and are attractive as well as versatile. Wood, plastic or aluminum may also be used in some cases. Garden edging should not be confused with garden walls or retaining walls. Though a retaining wall is similar and both can be used like edging, edging is simply as it sounds an edge or border.
Brick is a particularly attractive and inexpensively easy choice for edging in any garden. Bricks tend to come in a uniform size, which makes patterning easy unlike stone which can be more varied and does not require a paver or knowledge of laying concrete like using concrete itself would. This simple guide on how to use bricks as garden edging will walk you through the process from planning to completion.
Before you begin actually installing your brick garden edge, you need to plan it out. This will give you a clear idea of what it is you are edging and also allow you to figure out how many bricks you'll need.
Decide where you want your edging:
Edging can be used in all variety of ways as is mentioned at the beginning of this how to guide. You can place it between a lawn and a garden or flower bed to prevent intermingling and make mowing easier. It can be used between different areas of your garden to provide an attractive border and separator or keep sand and rocks from garden paths from being untidy. It can even be used mainly to just look pretty. Where you place your edging is entirely up to you and can truly accentuate any garden's design.
Choose brick for your edging and decide how you want to lay it:
Next you'll want to decide what type and color of brick you want to use, and how you want to lay it. Brick comes in a wide range of colors, sizes, and textures. Try to choose a brick that is at least four inches in size. Keep in mind, you can even use more than one type of brick in your design, though if two or more varieties will be used in one single edge, you'll want to be sure the sizes match up well.
As far as how the brick can be used as edging or layed, there are two main methods, horizontal and vertical.
In the vertical method, a deeper trench is dug and the brick is buried in the ground with only the top showing. This provides a deeper barrier underground and a thinner edge unless more than one row of bricks is used.
In the horizontal method, a shallower trench is dug and the bricks are layed on there sides creating a broader edge. You can also combine both methods perhaps laying one row of vertical and then one horizontal.
Obtaining Brick for Edging:
Once you have the pattern and location planned and your type of brick chosen, measure the length of the edge you are creating and divide it by the length your chosen brick. This will give you an estimate of how many bricks you'll need. You may want to buy a few extra.
Brick can be purchased at garden supply stores, hardware stores, etc. As a cheap alternative you may try asking around at construction sites for broken or extra brick. You may find just what you need and they may give or sell it to you at a discounted rate.
Once you have planned out your edge and obtained the brick the next step is to dig out the trench to lay it.
First draw your lines. You can do so using string, a hose, or even spray paint. This will ensure your digging follows your plans and is straight where you want it straight. Note that an edge doesn't have to be straight, you can create curves and designs as well.
Next, in the case of grass or plant growth, you'll need to cut it away. In the case of bare ground, simply dig out a trench to your desired depth. The trench will vary in depth by brick size and the way you are laying it. On top of the verticaland horizontal options mentioned in step one of this how to guide, you can also chose to leave the brick level with the ground or slightly raised creating a small edge above the surface.
It's recommended to bury the brick at least a quarter of the way, however, to form an even semi-effective barrier. The deeper the brick is buried the better the barrier.
Be wary of any utility lines or watering systems that may be underground but close to the surface when digging.
The final step to using brick as garden edging is to lay the brick in your trench. You will need to create a firm base for the brick that won't settle affecting your edging.
You can do this either by using a dirt compactor, pounding it with a board and sledge hammer and/or by laying a layer of gravel or sand at the bottom of the trench. Try to keep the surface level while getting the base as firm and solid as possible.
Now you can place your brick in the trench. Depending on how much of a perfectionist you are, this could take awhile. You will need to lay each brick in position and then pound it into the dirt with a mallet. It is not necessary to cement the bricks though some people do choose to do so.
Once all the bricks are in place, filler dirt should be placed around them to fill in any excess space from the trench. Spraying the bricks with water after this will both clean them and help the dirt settle into the cracks. You may have to add more dirt after washing the bricks. Be careful not to over do it and create mud.
You may also enjoy:
Benefits of Mulch for Your Garden
Building Garden Trellis: A How to Guide
How to Use Coffee Grounds in the Garden