Best Height For Raised Bed Garden in 2023
Vegepod - Raised Garden Bed - Self Watering Container Garden Kit with Protective Cover, Easily Elevated to Waist Height, 10 Years Warranty (Small, Vegepod)
Galvanized Steel Raised Garden Bed Kit Extra Height Elevated Planter Box Steel Large Vegetable Flower Bed Kit ï¼ˆ3FT x 6FT x 1.3FTï¼‰
- Dimension: 3FT x 6FT x 1.3FT/ 40''x 80''x 15.4'' with Open Button.
- Durable: Made of stable thickened galvanized metal, strengthen crossbar with anti-rusty coating for long-time use.
- Extra Height：1.3FT extra height will encourage plant roots to grow stronger and healthier.
- Raised Garden Bed: Anti-rust, durable,sturdy and long-lasting frame.
- Quick easy installation with quickly reponse.
Quictent 35.4â€™â€™L x 23.6â€™â€™W x 35.4â€™â€™H 8 Grids Cedar Raised Garden Bed Wooden Elevated Planter Kit Box 8.5â€™â€™ Inner Height Stand for Herbs Vegetable Flower, 3 Shelves 50 T-Type Plant Tags Included
- 【8 Grids for Grow 8 Different Herbs】--- 2 installation methods, use the shelves to make 8 grids to grow different vegetables or herbs, or disassemble shelves to make a whole garden box to grow more. Give you more convenience to use it.
- 【High-quality Wood, Weight Capacity:440lbs】--- Very stable wood structure, all connected by screws, weight capacity: 440lbs, never worry about falling or legs broken.
- 【8.5’’ Inner Height, Great for Plant Rooting】--- Inner size 8.5’’, higher than other same products, great for plant to root and absorb nutrient from soil.
- 【Assemble with Screws, Refuse any crack】--- There are holes on every parts that need to be assembled. Very easy to use screwdriver to assemble and refuse any crack on the wood and use this raised garden bed for years.
- 【3 Shelves, 50 T-type Tags, 1 pair of Glove As Gifts】--- 3 Different Shelves make it easier to plant, especially when plant small herbs or strawberry, no need to buy it separately. 50 T-type tags to record plants’ grow period. 1 pair of glove gives you more comfort when assembling to improve your shopping happiness index.
2' x 8' Raised Garden Bed Elevated Cedar Planter Box Standing Garden
- ERGONOMIC and EASY- Easily grow vegetables and flowers without kneeling or bending. Perfect for your deck, patio or backyard. Being elevated, it keeps your crop pest free of rabbits, moles, and other ground pests.
- GENEROUS SIZE - Add 16 square feet of growing space on your porch, patio or deck overall size is 96"Lx24"Wx29"H. The bed is 10 inches deep so you can grow big plants like tomatoes and root crops like carrots.
- LONG LASTING and STRONG - Attractive look made from naturally rot-resistant cedar with heavy duty rustproof aluminum legs and corners
- SPECIAL BONUS - Includes free planting guide
- USA MADE! - Made in beautiful Vermont USA!
Yaheetech Wooden Raised/Elevated Garden Bed Planter Box Kit for Vegetable/Flower/Herb Outdoor Gardening Natural Wood, 49 x 23.2 x 30.1in
- Selected material: This natural raised garden bed is made of non-paint, non-toxic 100% fir wood, which is known for its strength and dimensional stability as well as its natural resistance to rot and pests.
- Backache-friendly design: Given its 76.5cm/30.1’’ height, people with backache/knee pain can easily manage the plants without bending down and taking the risk of pain. The thick solid wood boards are sanded well to prevent any undesired injury caused by wood splinters.
- Solid & ample: Our raised bed provides gardeners with adequate and sturdy planting area which can hold up to 100Kg/220Lb.
- Useful & practical: With this helpful planter, you can cultivate plants like vegetables, flowers, herbs in your patio, yard, garden and greenhouse, making them more convenient to manage.
- Easy-to-assemble: This vegetable garden is built in a simple yet stable structure which is very easy and quick to set up. Necessary hardware and instruction are included for your convenience.
Xnferty 100 Gallons Extra Large Round Raised Garden Bed, Deep Soil Diameter 38"/Height 20" Planting Container Grow Bags Durable Felt Fabric Planter Pot for Plants,Vegetables,Flowers (Black)
- ⚘ EXCELLENT PROTECTION—Made of a proprietary felt fabric material, a highly durable, UV resistant, non-woven fabric that provides exceptional air flow throughout the soil and root systems and allows excess moisture to easily drain away.
- ⚘ FUN GARDENING—If you have no place to grow vegetable, this fabric garden bed is the best choice. Just put it in your terrace, patio, yard and fill with fresh new earth. Plant your vegetables, flowers etc.
- ⚘ ROOT BENEFICIAL SYSTEM—Provides ideal drainage and aeration. Encourages "root pruning" for a healthier root system. Made of heavy duty thickened non-woven fabric so that they are durable, corrosion and wear resistant and lasting for years.
- ⚘ GREAT FOR—These garden planter bags are suitable for indoor and outdoor planting. unfold, fill and grow. Ideal for an herb garden, small flower garden or vegetables.
- ⚘ EASY TO PLANT—Easy to assemble, no tools required, just add soil, add plants, seedlings or seeds and water,make planting more easy. When the growing season is over, simply empty the earth out of the fabric bag and pack it away.
VIVOHOME Wood Planter Raised Bed with Trellis, 48 Inch Height Free-Standing Planter for Garden Yard
- EXTRAODINARY MATERIALS - Made of 100% natural, 350ºC-carbonized fir, this free-standing trellis and planter is stable and durable and resists water absorption into the wood directly while retaining it in the planter, which helps resist deformation and cracking; Environmentally-friendly without added chemicals thanks to the natural wood, which resists pests, sun damage, and corrosion
- DETAIL-ORIENTED DESIGN - The drainage holes at bottom make it easy to grow in pots and ensure the needs of your plants’ ventilation and water drainage, being both practical and good-looking. A balanced trellis design creates a good, stable environment for your creeping and vine plants
- DIVERSE PLANT TYPES - Reinforced flower box with 8 glaze-plated, rust-resistant screws makes this perfect for outdoor use; Great for growing a diversity of plants thanks to the large flower box that offers enough space to grow anything from flowers to vegetables to vines; Plant your plant directly in the flower box and don’t worry about overwatering as the drainage holes at the bottom help keep the box ventilated and balanced
- GREAT DECORATION - This planter is used for climbing vines and will turn any corner into a bright and lively space; 100% fir wood for a smoother, neater look that will bring some artistic charm to your home; Perfect for all kinds of plants, anywhere - gardens, terraces, balconies, corridors, or outdoor patios, turn your space into a green one
- SIMPLE ASSEMBLY - This free-standing raised plant bed is easy to assemble; Follow the simple instructions and use the 8 glazed screws provided to attach the wooden boards together; Then, install the four decorative end caps for added aesthetic; Let's decorate your living space with family and friends
KING BIRD Extra-Thick 2-Ply Reinforced Card Frame Raised Garden Bed Galvanized Steel Metal Planter Kit Box Green 68"x 36"x 12" with 8pcs T-Types Tag & 2 Pairs of Gloves (Grey)
- 【TWO YEARS WARRANTY】Update the newest assembly video in April. Show more details about installment, stability and convenience. The most wonderful design of our KING BIRD raised garden bed is not only about the convenient and fast installation without tools, also for its smart design to vastly increase the loading ability and capacity. TWO YEARS WARRANTY and 100% satisfaction After-service are provided, please contact us directly if any questions or doubts.
- 【Extra-thick 2-Ply Reinforcement】 Double card frames on the two sides of sheet make the garden bed more durably and stably; never worry about its distorted or collapsed and it presents much more beautiful design.
- 【Multilayer Galvanized Paint】 Upgraded multilayer galvanized paint efficiently prevents rust and continues to beauty; also never worry about that pest and rain damage the wood garden bed; galvanized steel garden bed provides a lasting use and no discoloration. No painting inside, no worries about the damage for plants.
- 【8pcs T-type Tags & 2 Gloves Free】 2 pairs of gloves provided to give you more convenience in installing and comfort when working in the garden. 8pcs T-type Tags to help you to record the growth process of flower and vegetable.
- 【Vertical Stripe Updated Design】We combine the vertical stripe and the card holder design to improve the raised bed ability in bearing the soil and make the raised bed more textured and beautiful. This can prolong the service time of the raised bed.
CedarCraft Elevated Cedar Planter (23" x 72" x 30"H) - Grow Fresh Vegetables, Herb Gardens, Flowers & Succulents. Beautiful Raised Garden Bed for a Deck, Patio or Yard Gardening. Super Easy Assembly
- Quick & easy to assemble.
- Easy working height minimizes back & knee strain
- Elevated design protects plants from rabbits, gophers & pets
- Rescued Canadian Western Red Cedar - untreated & sustainably sourced
- Beautifully crafted, exceptional quality & build to last. **Dimensions & additional product information below**
Lifetime 60069 Raised Garden Bed Kit, 4 by 4 Feet, Pack of 3
- 4' x 4' Raised garden kit easily assembles in less than 1 hour
- Constructed of UV-Protected High-Density Polyethylene (HDPE) - will not rot, crack or peel; Low maintenance weather-resistant design
- Absorbs and retains the needed warmth for root development. Interior Dimensions: 44.5 in. L x 44.5 in. W x 9.0 in. H (103 cm x 103 cm x 22,9 cm)
- Stackable design creates 18" high walls to accommodate deep rooted plants
- Backed by a 5-year limited manufacturer warranty
Panacea 89584 Raised Garden Bed Corner Brackets Plant-Container-Accessories, Black
- Get the straight and sturdy corners of professional-looking garden beds
- Set of four brackets
- Attractive design, made of black powder coated steel
- Easy installation
- Measures 12 Inch height x 6.5 Inch width x 6.5 Inch diameter
blumfeldt High Grow Straight Raised Bed â€¢ Garden Bed â€¢ Flowers, Herbs and Vegetables â€¢ Expandable â€¢ 250 Gallons â€¢ Steel â€¢ Weather-Resistant â€¢ Snail Protection â€¢ Galvanized â€¢ Beige
- GROW: Tasty, fresh and local: with this raised garden bed you can grow a variety of fruits and vegetables.
- WEATHERPROOF: Sturdy frame construction lets this garden weather any storm. The bed is made of steel corrugated iron and is protected against weather with a special 120 g / m² zinc-aluminium Weather-Shield-Coating.
- FUNCTIONAL: The working height of 23.6 inches is also an obstacle to vermin such as snails. With its volume of 970 litres, numerous humus layers can created in the Blumfeldt raised garden bed allowing it to also be used directly as a composter.
- EASY: The installation of the Blumfeldt raised bed is straightforward and fast.
Best Choice Products Raised Garden Bed 48x24x30-inch Elevated Wood Planter Box Stand for Backyard, Patio, Natural
- SPACIOUS GARDENING BED: Designed with a nearly 4-foot-long bed deep enough to ensure your plants and vegetables can breathe and grow healthy
- DRAINAGE HOLES: Allows excess water to drain out, keeping soil fresh and preventing plants from overwatering
- ERGONOMIC STRUCTURE: Stands 30 inches tall, making it perfect for those who struggle to bend down or lean over while gardening
- VERSATILE DESIGN: Adds a new hint of beauty to any part of your home; perfect for placement on the patio, porch, deck, balcony, or in the garden
- GARDEN BED LINER: Separates wood from the soil, keeping planter in excellent condition and preventing weeds and pests from interfering with plant growth; OVERALL DIMENSIONS: 48.5"(L) x 23"(W) x 30"(H); Weight Capacity: 34 lbs.
Sunnydaze Raised Metal Garden Bed Kit, Galvanized Steel 40-Inch Hexagon Planter for Plants and Vegetables, 16 Inches Deep
- OPTIMAL OUTDOOR PLACEMENT: Elevated gardening box is 40 inches long (from corner to corner) x 36 inches wide (from straight edge to straight edge) x 16 inches tall, weighs 18 pounds; Side panel is 0.5mm thick; Corner panel is 1mm thick; Perfect size to place in the backyard, patio, or on the deck
- DURABLE CONSTRUCTION: Corrugated rectangular galvanized steel material can withstand harsh weather conditions; More stable than wood or plastic beds
- EASY TO USE: Hardware and tools included to assemble the raised garden frame; Simply place the kit above ground, add soil, and watch you veggie and plant grow
- PROMOTE HEALTHY ROOTS: Raised bed brackets are ideal for encouraging good root development and growth for your vegetables, fruits, flowers and herbs
- WARRANTY: Sunnydaze Decor backs its products with a 1-year manufacturer's warranty for worry-free purchasing
FOYUEE Galvanized Raised Garden Bed for Vegetables Elevated Planter Box with Legs Outdoor Patio Apartment Herb Container Metal
- SIZE: 40’’(L) x 16’’(W) x 31’’(H) overall, planter deep: 8.3 inch, holds about 3 cubic feet soil, provide ample growing space to raise vegetables, herbs, flowers and plants
- METAL: Made of stable galvanized steel raised garden bed is anti-rusty, not made of wood which may rot. It can place outside or apartment for long time use
- DRAINAGE: In the middle of the cart is a drainage hole and drainage line to prevent waterlogging, planter can planted directly in the bed
- ERGONOMIC: Elevated raised planter box with legs eliminates the need to bend over, making gardening convenient, with clearance to storage tools
- EASY SETUP: Space saving standing planter only need about 5min and easy to put it together, go ahead to raise the plants
Easy Home Gardening, Southern Style
Tips, advice and a how-to on raised bed gardening
If you have a tiller and a plot of land and have grown a vegetable garden, this post probably won't do you much good. This is for the newbie to the southern gardening world.
Through trial and error, I have learned enough to have had great success in the past 8 years of back yard gardening. Here are some tips on how to get down and dirty with good results.
You do not need a large area.
You do not need a tiller.
You do not need to even have fertile soil.
If you want a small garden and have none of the above, you can still grow some great veggies. Here's what to do.
You will need some basic gardening tools:
one gallon hand pump sprayer
Build a box. My first one was 8 feet long, 3 feet wide and 12 inches deep. We bought pressure treated boards 2 inches thick, and just nailed them together at the corners. Pick a sunny spot and kill the grass underneath (Killzall or Roundup). If there isn't much grass or weeds at the location, you can even just layer the bottom with leaf litter.
Most garden centers have soils already mixed for different purposes. Use a "planting mix" sold by the yard, half yard or 40 or 50 pound sacks. If you have a pickup, it will be cheaper by the yard. Fill your bed almost full, leaving enough room to turn the soil after your first season. If you use the planting mix, your soil should be fertile and use fertilizers sparingly or you will either burn up your plants, or you will end up with more leaves than veggies.
I realize there is an expense involved in the process I just explained, but remember this is just a one time up front cost to get started. In the long run it is really very cost effective compared to the basic tilled garden plot. Fertilizer, weed prevention, insect prevention and water control are much easier to deal with in a raised bed and the costs associated with them.
Your very first bed is ready to plant.
In the bed size above you will have enough room for about 6 - 8 plants depending on what exactly you grow. Most people want tomatoes and peppers. You can do 4 tomatoes and 2 peppers easily. You could plant 4 hills of summer bush type squash. Eggplant also does well in raised beds.
Keep in mind that cucumbers, green beans, butter beans and peas can easily be grown in a bed, but they have tendrils that cling to anything, so they must be grown in their own bed. The nice thing about that is you can have a cucumber bed started in the spring and once the cukes are gone, you will still have time to plant butterbeans, or green beans or peas in that same bed and harvest them in the late summer or early fall. Same goes for tomatoes. You can start early ones and while they are making, you can start seedlings and once the early plants fade, your seedlings will be ready for round 2!
Here in Mississippi, I have grown cucumbers, tomatoes, peas and peppers right up to the first week of November some years. Of course the circumstances have to be right and Mother Nature does not always see things the same way I plan on, but it is always worth the try.
Speaking of Mother Nature, our southern climate is conducive to gardening, it is also conducive to insects. The usual suspects are aphids, mites and tomato horn worms. Keep handy a gallon sprayer and a jug of an all inclusive insecticide (we use Spectracide Triazicide). At first sight of the pests, give all your plants a good spraying, following the mixture instructions carefully as not to harm your plants. This usually takes care of the problem.
I haven't grown corn, okra, melons, or running squash successfully in a raised bed. I tried (not corn) with limited success. But certainly for the back yard gardener, tomatoes, peppers, cukes, bush squash, bush beans, and eggplant are worth the effort. And if you like greens, you can just fling those greens seeds in the beds in the fall and you will have all the turnip, collard, mustard etc. They grow like weeds.
During the winter months you can set out green onions and use the tops
all winter long. In the early spring, when they bloom, pull the bulbs, store them in a dark dry area and plant again next fall after everything else is done.
Before your second year, use a shovel or pitch fork and turn the soil in the beds over thoroughly. We have a Mantis tiller that is wonderful for that purpose, but isn't necessary. We now have evolved into having nine beds (and old bones). The Mantis tiller has been a big help.
Raised beds dry out quickly in the summer sun and will need to be watered regularly in the late evening or early morning when rain is at a minimum.
I am not a scientist, or a horticulturalist, I just have tried things that have worked, and things that haven't, and want to share with you how to be a successful back yard gardener in Mississippi and other southern states.
I will leave you with this final motivation: No vegetable will ever taste as good, be as enjoyable, or as fresh as the ones you've grown yourself!