Best Place To Order Garden Seeds in 2023
Seed Needs Bulk Package of 1,000+ Seeds, Sunflower Crazy Mixture 15+ Varieties (Helianthus annuus) Non-GMO Seeds
Plant Theatre Herb Garden Seed Kit Gift Box - 6 Different Herbs to Grow, Includes: GREEN ITALIAN PARSLEY, SWEET BASIL, CILANTRO, TARRAGON, CHIVE AND THYME Seeds. Everything you need to start growing in one box! Superb Gift!
- EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO START GROWING your herb garden in one box, we’ve left nothing out! Ideal for beginners, gardeners and children alike. INCLUDES 6 Peat Growing Biodegradable Pots, 6 Peat Discs that expand to 7 times their size when watered, 6 Plant Markers and of course 6 foil sealed seed sachets, plus full SOWING & GROWING TIPS.
- GREAT GROWING PERFORMANCE – and 100% NON-GMO. All our seeds are laboratory tested before release by our leading US seed supplier and then sealed in foil packets for freshness! MADE IN THE USA
- FANTASTIC MIX OF FAVORITE FLAVOURS: THYME an old favorite in stuffings and stews, CHIVES excellent in salads, GREEN ITALIAN PARSLEY a nutritious garnish high in vitamins A,D and C, CILANTRO adds flavour to oriental dishes, curries, TARRAGON has a great distinctive flavour, SWEET BASIL essential for authentic Italian cooking.
- GROW INDOORS OR OUT – Ideal for growing on a window sill if you are short on space, or a patio, porch, veranda or garden. Get growing today and harvest your leaves as required! Home grown TASTES EVEN BETTER.
- A THOUGHTFUL GIFT beautifully presented in the illustrated gift box with everything you need to start growing, go on treat yourself or a LOVED ONE today!
3 Inch Peat Pots Pack of 100 by Garden Monks -for Plant Starters, Seedlings,Saplings, Flowers,Vegetables-Eco Friendly & Biodegradable -Prevent Transplant Shock -Garden,Backyard,Kitchen Seed Planting
- ACQUIRE A BEAUTIFUL, IMPRESSIVE GARDEN:Do you like colorful flowers? Are you a gardener? Would you like to have your very own corps? Well, you have come to the right place! Theseamazing peat pots are exactly what you need to create a stunninggarden and have everyone staring in awe!
- PROTECT THE ENVIRONMENT AND RESPECT NATURE:Forget about plastic pots that harm the environment once and for all! These starterpots areeco-friendly and biodegradable! The pots will break downin the soil over time, producing no waste, while allowing plants to fully grow.
- ENJOY COUNTLESS POSSIBILITIES:This musthave pack includes 100, highquality peat pots which are the perfect choice for unlimited uses! Plant flowers, herbs, saplings, tomatoes, cucumbers, carrots, peas, squashes, beatsand anything you like! Provide your family with tasty, safe vegetables straight from your garden or backyard!
- KEEP YOUR PLANTS, HERBS AND VEGGIES STRONG AND HEALTHY:These top notch seed planting pots have been carefully designed to help you keep your plants healthy. Facilitating proper aeration andbecoming one with the soil, these garden and kitchen pots prevent root circulation, as well as transplant shock. Allow your plants to grow naturally and enjoy the most beautiful flowers and the most delicious veggies.
- 100% RISK FREE PURCHASE FOR YOU: Keeping you satisfied and providing you with the friendliest customer service is our primary goal. This is why we stand 100% behind our products, offering you a full money back guarantee in case these peat pots do not live up to your expectations! Place your order now and enjoy an entirely risk free purchase.
Nature's Blossom Herb Garden Seed Starter Kit. Grow 4 Herbs from Organic Seeds - Basil, Cilantro, Parsley, Thyme. A Complete Beginner Gardeners Gardening Set. Unique Holiday Gift Idea.
- EASILY GROW YOUR OWN HERB GARDEN AT HOME. There's nothing better than growing your own kitchen garden full of delicious herbs and spices. Nature's Blossom Sow & Grow herb garden kit contains everything you need to grow 4 herbs from organic seed: Sweet Basil, Cilantro, Thyme, and Parsley.
- A COMPLETE GARDENING KIT. This organic herb growing kit contains everything you need to get growing, including 4 types of fresh herb seeds for planting indoors, 4 biodegradable planting pots, compressed soil pellets for seed starting, plant labels, and a comprehensive Sow & Grow gardening guide.
- GROW INDOOR OR OUTDOOR. Nature's Blossom 'Sow and Grow' kitchen herb garden kit contains 4 packets with fresh herb seeds, ready for planting. Easily grow Italian large leaf Organic BASIL, Organic CILANTRO, THYME, and PARSLEY. Our herbs seeds are organic, NON-GMO, and grown in USA.
- A UNIQUE GARDEN GIFT. Instead of getting your loved ones another gift, get them a hobby instead! This garden kit makes a fantastic gift choice for men, women and children who have it all, and looking for a fun activity to experiment. Our grow kits are suitable for indoor gardening as well, which makes them the perfect gift choice for anyone living in apartments. Popular present for Christmas, housewarmings, birthdays and holidays. You can take our word for it - they will love it!
- DESIGNED FOR BEGINNER GARDENERS. Enjoy Nature's Blossom's 100% GROW GUARANTEE, and rest assure this kit contains nothing but the highest quality gardening supplies available. Our kit includes a detailed guide with important tips and gardening hacks, to make sure your first gardening experience will be a huge success, and in case you will have any questions along the way, our gardening experts will be there with you every step of the way to support you and answer any questions.
The Autopilot Garden: A Guide to Hands-off Gardening
AeroGarden Black Harvest, 2019 Model
- INCLUDES GOURMET HERB SEED KIT (6 POD) - Genovese Basil, Curly Parsley, Dill, Thyme, Thai Basil and Mint & a 3oz bottle of our patented, all natural plant nutrients (enough for a full season of growth)
- PLANT TO PLATE - Up to 6 plants grow at a time, up to 12 inches Tall with this indoor garden; Grows in water no soil, no mess, Made simple
- EASY TO USE - Control panel tells you when to add water, reminds you when to add plant food (included), automatically turns lights on and off for your hydroponics growing system
- LED GROW LIGHTS - High performance, full Spectrum 20 watt LED high efficiency grow lighting system in your herb garden is tuned to the specific needs of plants to maximize photosynthesis, resulting in rapid, natural growth and abundant harvests
- IN HOME GARDEN SYSTEM - Grow fresh herbs & veggies all Year Round in this indoor herb garden. Always fresh, always local, always in season
Agri-Fab 85 lb. Tow Broadcast Spreader 45-0530 85 lb. Tow Broadcast Spreader
- Capacity: 85 lbs. ; 1/4 Acre (14, 000 sq. Ft. )
- Spread width: up to 10Ft. Spread
- Wheels: 10" Pneumatic tires
- Assembly: some assembly required; a video instruction Guide is available to assist with the assembly process
- Construction: Strong Steel frame; poly hopper, spreader plate and enclosed gearbox
- Operations: cable flow control
- Optional accessories: hopper cover(69711), grate(69128) and deflector kit(69115)
- Power Source Type: Pull Behind Tractor
Longleaf Pine Straw Roll for Landscaping - Brown Color UV Resistant - Covers Up to 125 Square Feet
- ✔ GET MORE FOR YOUR MONEY - Our premium Longleaf pine needles contain much less debris than other competitors. This product is sustainably harvested from our tree farms, and it’s cleaned before packaging. Our pigment colorant is non-toxic and safe.
- ✔ LONGER LASTING – Our colored pine needles last longer than non-colored since our unique coloring pigment helps protect against UV rays. It looks great for 6-8 months, and if you install twice annually then your yard will look fantastic all year!
- ✔ QUICKER AND EASIER TO INSTALL – Our Longleaf pine straw roll requires much less work to install, no need to haul heavy mulch bags or lots of small square bales. Save your back and save time by using our 100% Natural pine straw rolls.
- ✔ ECO-FRIENDLY, NO TREES WERE HARMED – Longleaf pine needles are a great environmentally friendly alternative to wood mulches, as no trees are harmed or cut down. Our pine needles are harvested after the needles fall to the ground.
- ✔ DELIVERED TO YOUR FRONT DOOR - Avoid the mess and hassle of driving to the store and putting a dirty, dusty store brand square bale of straw in your car. Each roll covers up to 125 Sq. Ft. (2-3 inch depth)
Costa Farms Live Ficus Lyrata, Fiddle-Leaf Fig, Indoor Tree, 4-Feet Tall, Ships in Gray Planter, Fresh From Our Farm
- Is this a gift? Please choose "this is a gift" At check out to add a personalized message.
- Quality premium, stately tree. Used in home décor and design. Easy to care for. Height at shipping is approximately 4-feet tall, measured from bottom of pot top of plant.
- Loves indoor bright filtered light. Place near sun-facing window. Water Only when top of soil is dry.
- Ships planted, fully-rooted, dropped-into a basic light-weight planter. These lush plants are grown by the horticultural experts at Costa Farms.
- Nasa studies show having plants in your home improves your mood, sparks your creativity and reduces stress.
- Adds life and design to your home, porch, or office. Keep this plant for yourself or give as a gift. Ships fast from our farm to your home.
KINGLAKE 100 Pcs 6 x10cm Plastic Plant T-Type Tags Nursery Garden Labels
- Durable Plastic Plant labels Garden tags,Very Fast shipping.Ships from USA.
- Not brittle or snap.Plant Tags are Easily cleaned with household cleaner for reuse.
- All labels are made with a matte finish.Easy to write on and stick in soil.
- Size:6x10cm (2.36x3.94 inch)Package Qty:100 Pcs Plant Labels.Comes With KINGLAKE Paper Box for easy storage.
- Great for marking what type of seed you plant. They really helps to remind you what's where.
Best Choice Products Raised Garden Bed 48x24x30-inch Elevated Wood Planter Box Stand for Backyard, Patio, Natural
- SPACIOUS GARDENING BED: Designed with a nearly 4-foot-long bed deep enough to ensure your plants and vegetables can breathe and grow healthy
- DRAINAGE HOLES: Allows excess water to drain out, keeping soil fresh and preventing plants from overwatering
- ERGONOMIC STRUCTURE: Stands 30 inches tall, making it perfect for those who struggle to bend down or lean over while gardening
- VERSATILE DESIGN: Adds a new hint of beauty to any part of your home; perfect for placement on the patio, porch, deck, balcony, or in the garden
- GARDEN BED LINER: Separates wood from the soil, keeping planter in excellent condition and preventing weeds and pests from interfering with plant growth; OVERALL DIMENSIONS: 48.5"(L) x 23"(W) x 30"(H); Weight Capacity: 34 lbs.
50 Plant Growing Trays (No Drain Holes) - 20" x 10" - Perfect Garden Seed Starter Grow Trays: for Seedlings, Indoor Gardening, Growing Microgreens, Wheatgrass & More - Soil or Hydroponic
- Quantity 50 - Durable Plastic - NO Drain Holes
- Perfect for use as a drip tray, hydroponic growing and seed starting
- Approx: 21" by 11" (top measurement). 20" by 10" bottom of tray - See product description below for precise measurments
- Accomodates 20" x 10" Sure to Grow Hydroponic Grow Pads and Micro-Mats Perfectly
- Reusable - Great for Greenhouse, Seedlings, wheatgrass, microgreens and more.
Hydrofarm FLT44 System Fluorescent Grow Light, 4-Feet
- 3"H x 13.5"W x 46"L
- Includes 10' grounded power cord
- Includes 4 6400K T5 Tubes
- Up to 20,000 Lumens
- Powder coated, steel housing
- High performance faceted specular aluminum for better light distribution
- Hangs 3 ways—overhead, vertical or horizontal
- Daisy chainable—run up to 3 fixtures from a single outlet
Windmill Palm Tree 3 Gallon Pot - Overall Height 24"-32"' - Currently Unable to Ship to Ca, Az, Pr, Ak, or Hi
- Bloom Time: Foliage Plant, dense packed long blade like fronds.
- Disclaimer: We DO NOT ship to AK, HI, CA and AZ
- Environment: The Windmill Palm does best in full sun exposure to shady areas.
- USDA Plant Hardiness Zone: 5 to 10
- Simple Care: Easy to grow, very hardy palm. See full care directions below!
Gardman R687 4-Tier Mini Greenhouse, 27" Long x 18" Wide x 63" High
- Ideal for small backyards or homes where space is an issue; place on a deck, patio, or balcony
- Gives seeds, seedlings, and young plants an early start
- Clear polyethylene cover and roll-up zippered door for easy access
- Strong push fit tubular steel frame assembles in minutes without any tools
- 27" Long x 18" Wide x 63" High
Starting Seeds Using Found Containers
When you garden from scratch to save money, make sure you actually save money. A master gardener tells you how to maximize yield, reduce expense and preserve the environment by using tested techniques.
Begin with your seeds. Don't fear using last year's seeds. If kept safe from temperature extremes or damp they will be fine. It can be a good idea to buy seeds for next year's garden the year before during clearance sales. Certain older seeds are more likely to sprout than fresh batches and seeds with hard, protective coatings like cacti can suddenly start growing in old soil after staying dormant for a full year. This is nature's way of making sure that all seeds don't sprout at the same time and then die when conditions turn adverse. Work with it. Let's assume you need to buy fresh seeds. Thompson amp; Morgan, George W. Park, Ferris Seeds and The Seedman are excellent choices that have supplied gardeners since before Michael Jackson fronted the Jackson 5.
Each of these companies has its own unique specialty. Browse their websites to decide which is right for you. Some seeds are for experts. You may not want to stick seed flats in the refrigerator to grow fairy roses or file hard shells to sprout ficus, but coleus, impatiens, marigolds and geraniums for pots and outdoor beds are within reach of even the rankest novice.
Some suppliers scientifically match varieties of vegetables for maximum yield in small spaces. It's worth it to buy seed selections that come with plans for using every square inch of a small garden, including the vertical, and which keep vegetables coming for many months.
Once you have purchased your seeds, you will need suitable containers. Before spending scores of dollars on fancy irrigation systems, pre-made cold frames or state of the art planters, survey what you have at home. Your best source of planters is the supermarket.
Planters made from egg cartons and milk containers are cheap and disposable. If you choose Styrofoam egg containers and waxed milk cartons, transplanting in the garden at the appropriate time will require only a quick cut with some manicure scissors and popping the root bound plants into their new homes. Cardboard egg cartons can be cut apart and dropped in container and all. Eventually the cardboard will rot and the roots poke through.
What soil will you use? Select either soil-less mix or pure peat moss. These light, highly acid media provide superior aeration, excellent wetting and natural anti-fungal qualities. I have been very happy with Miracle Grow Potting mix whose a slow-release fertilizer feeds for three months.
If you use this, you won't need to feed the plants until they are well established and outside or planted in their permanent locations. Cornell Mix is another standby developed by agricultural students at the famous Ivy league upstate college. The recipe for this mix is given under below under sources and is also useful for tropical plants and epiphytes.
Avoid natural soils and organic fertilizers when starting seeds because of a serious fungus, damp-off, that destroys seedlings overnight. Afflicted seedlings look as though they were pinched in the middle before they die.
Consider buying organic seeds without mercury-based anti-fungals when choosing seeds for food. While the amount of chemical is minute, mercury is a neurotoxin.
If you use dry peat moss, wet down the mixture before adding it to the containers. One disadvantage of using dry peat moss is that it becomes a fine, lung-irritating dust. If you use this medium, buy a painter's dust mask for protection. If you are using one of the soil-less mixes I recommend, add directly to the container and water until water comes through the drainage holes (poke a few holes in your found containers if necessary.)
Once you have added moist soil to your containers, plant the seeds. The instructions on the seed packets tells how many to plant per container and how deep to plant. You will have to plant extra seeds and thin them later to account for seeds that fail to thrive. If you are using dust-fine seeds such as those of gesneriads, mix them with a little sharp builder's sand and shake them from a salt shaker or out of an envelope to properly space the seeds.
Cover your seeds with plastic wrap to keep them moist and put them in a warm, well-lit place. Don't discard the seed packets because they contain necessary information such the correct time to move the plants outdoors and pictures of the seedlings so you can distinguish them from weeds.
You will know when your seeds need water because the soil will appear lighter in color and there will be no more condensation on the plastic wrap surrounding your seedlings. When it is watering time, remove the wrap and mist the soil surface with a mister. If you do not have a mister, you should pour water gently over a spoon to damp the soil surface without disturbing it.
The zone map on your seeds tells you when to plant outside. This map is also on Burpee Seed's website if you lose your seed packets. Resist the temptation to plant outside early because a late frost will kill your seedlings. If you absolutely must get a jump on the season, protect your delicate plants by planting near a heat-emitting stone wall or house foundation, placing a glass jar over them to serve as a miniature greenhouse or using a cold-frame. The sources below tell you how to make an effective cold-frame.
Cultivate the soil before planting. I recommend that you turn the soil repeatedly over several weeks before putting in a single plant. This serves several purposes: It adds oxygen, reduces the need for chemical fertilization by exposing the soil to atmospheric nitrogen, improves drainage, increases the ability of water to penetrate to roots, kills weeds and exposes insect pests such as cutworms to the eyes of hungry birds.
Organic fertilizers or manures should be added several weeks before planting. If you put them down the year before, so much the better. Fresh manures and chemical fertilization can burn plants. Although I don't believe in using organic fertilizers when starting seeds due to the danger of damp-off, organic fertilizers and composts are essential in an outdoor garden. A garden that receives regular chemical fertilization alone will eventually be a dead garden indeed. Organic material is essential to nourishing healthy soil microorganisms and maintaining fertility, aeration and drainage.
When the correct time for your zone arrives, dig your holes to the depth indicated on your seed packets and then cut away the containers using scissors or place the entire container in the whole if you have used biodegradable materials such as cardboard. Water the new seedlings and then pour yourself a refreshing drink, you deserve it.
For additional ideas and information see:
Here is a link to all of my gardening-related articles: