Best Raised Garden Bed Ideas in 2023
Greenes Fence 48-Inch x 96-Inch Cedar Raised Garden Bed
Cyanhope 3 Tiered Cedar Raised Garden Bed Kit Wooden Elevated Planter Box for Vegetables/Flower/Herb/Fruits
- This is a great raised garden bed Sold By Cyanhope Only. Never Authorized 3rd Party Seller. Beware of Fakes. it is made of no paint, non-toxic cedar wood. 0.6’’ thick solid wood boards are joined and fixed by screws, making it a durable piece for your long-term use.
- This elevated garden planter is separated into 3 Stairs growing area for different plants or planting methods. The baffle can be removed to create a bigger growing area if needed. You can get several garden beds to design and build your own dream garden.
- With this helpful planter box, you can cultivate plants like vegetable, flowers, herbs in your patio, yard, garden and greenhouse, and make them more convenient to manage.
- Decorative end caps on the corner posts and the wood grain on the boards give a rustic and natural style to your garden
- This raised garden bed is built in a simple yet stable structure which is very easy and quick to set up.
Kotulas Galvanized Steel Raised Garden Bed â€” 8ft. x 3ft.
CedarCraft Elevated Cedar Planter (23" x 72" x 30"H) - Grow Fresh Vegetables, Herb Gardens, Flowers & Succulents. Beautiful Raised Garden Bed for a Deck, Patio or Yard Gardening. Super Easy Assembly
- Quick & easy to assemble.
- Easy working height minimizes back & knee strain
- Elevated design protects plants from rabbits, gophers & pets
- Rescued Canadian Western Red Cedar - untreated & sustainably sourced
- Beautifully crafted, exceptional quality & build to last. **Dimensions & additional product information below**
Bloom 11021BL Sun Instabrace Flower Garden Bed Corners, 9.5 Brown
- Instantly create a 12” to 14” raised bed in your backyard!
- Perfect for home vegetable, herb, and flower gardens.
- Only requires 2” wood planks. Absolutely no tools needed for assembly!
- Customize the length & width of your plant bed
- Stylish sun design will brighten up any backyard.
- So easy and stress free to create that you can enjoy building with kids!
- Lifetime limited to defects in materials or workmanship.
- Material Type: Metal
Vita Gardens VT17107 6x6 Composting Raised Garden Bed
- Uses FAR less water than in-ground gardens (up to 70%) perfect for drought areas
- Composts and grows vegetables in same system
- Use daily kitchen Scraps reducing household waste by up to 30%
- Food Grade, BPA free polymer
Timberlane Gardens Raised Bed Kit Double Deep, Western Red Cedar Mortise Tenon Joinery, 3' W x 6' L
- Raised garden bed kit proudly made in homer glen, Illinois USA
- Constructed of select western red cedar
- Handcrafted mortise & tenon joinery
- Easy to assemble in seconds, no tools required
- 100% natural and chemical free, also safe for vegetables and best for organic gardening
Keter Urban Bloomer 22.4 Gallon Raised Garden Bed with Self Watering Planter Box and Drainage Plug, Anthracite
- DIMENSIONS: 32. 3 in. L x 14. 7 in. W x 30. 7 in. H
- WATER GAUGE: Easy to read water gauge indicates when plants need additional moisture
- DRAINAGE SYSTEM that can be opened or closed for full control of watering
- WATER RESERVOIR: full watering system includes a reservoir to prevent root decay and over watering
- EASY ASSEMBLY: Simple assembly with easy-to-follow instructions
- URBAN LIVING: Perfect for use as an herb garden or balcony planter
Earth Brown Resin Raised Garden Bed Grow Box Kit with Self Watering System and Casters Patio and Deck Gardening
Hudson 48"W x 48"L Screwless Vinyl Garden Bed
- Additional limited-time savings reflected in current price
- Outside Dimensions: 48L x 48W x 11H in
- Made from premium high-grade vinyl
- Inside Dimensions: 42.25L x 11H x 42.25W
- Guaranteed not to rot, crack, warp, peel or turn yellow for 20 years.
Good Ideas GW-ELG5CF-OAK Wizard Elevated Oak Garden Bed
- Self-watering raised bed garden - Holds over 10 gallons of water
- 5 cubic foot soil capacity
- Raised for easy access without back pain
- Includes potting gravel for self-draining functionality
- Sturdy, friction fit legs and S-hooks for hanging
Greenes Fence Premium Cedar Raised Garden Bed 8 ft. x 12 ft. x 16.5 in. U-Shaped Bed
- GREENES PREMIUM RAISED GARDEN BED: Greenes Fence Premium line of cedar raised garden beds allows you to create an open-bottom frame to support your garden. Raised garden beds give your plants the room they need to grow in the location of your choice. Our cedar frame is left untreated, which means it is organic and safe to grow vegetables, herbs, and fruits in.
- PREMIUM LINE: With sanded boards that are thicker than our Value and Original lines, our Premium raised garden beds are an exceptional choice for all your growing needs.
- EASY TO SET UP: Greenes Fence raised garden beds use dovetail interlocking joints, which makes assembly a breeze. Each board slides into the corner posts without tools to form a secure open-bottom garden frame. Every corner post is routed on all four sides for easy assembly and expansion. The decorative tops can be added to each post using a screwdriver.
- STACK AND EXPAND: Our Premium line of garden beds can be connected or stacked with other Premium beds and add-on parts to create the grand garden of your dreams.
- LONGEVITY AND SPECIFICATIONS: Cedar is resistant to rot and insects, making it the perfect choice for your garden. Left organic, the wood will weather nicely to a silver-gray color over time. To preserve the wood apply a seal or stain of your choice. Each board is 3/4 inch thick and 5.5 inches in height. The routed corner posts are 2.5 inches square and come with 3.5-inch-square decorative tops.
Greenes Fence RC12T8S64B Raised Bed
- Made in the USA from naturally rot- and insect-resistant cedar. The wood is chemical free.
- Middle bed is 14" deep, surrounding beds are 10. 5" deep
- Package contains 12 Tall Posts, 8 Short Posts, 64 Boards, 16 Caps and 16 Screws.
- Boards slide into the corner posts without tools forming a secure garden frame. To install the decorative tops simply use a screw driver.
- Cedar is natural, untreated, unfinished and rough sawn. Finish varies from product image.
ASSR Fabric Raised Garden Bed, Rectangle Breathable Planting Container Grow Bag Planter Pot for Plants, Flowers, Vegetables size 6(L) x3(W) ft (Black)
- ⚘ Heavy Duty Materials-Not only are our grow bags are made of heavy duty thickened non-woven fabric so that they are durable, corrosion and wear resistant and lasting for years.
- ⚘ Fun Gardening-If you have no place to grow vegetable, this fabric garden bed is the best choice. Just put it in your terrace, patio, yard and fill with fresh new earth. Plant your vegetables, flowers etc.
- ⚘ Excellent Protection-Made of a proprietary fabric material, a highly durable, UV resistant, non-woven fabric that provides exceptional air flow throughout the soil and root systems and allows excess moisture to easily drain away.
- ⚘ Great For-These garden planter bags are suitable for indoor and outdoor planting. unfold, fill and grow. Ideal for an herb garden, small flower garden or vegetables.
- ⚘ Easy to Storage-No need to have empty garden pots and containers cluttering up your yard in winter. When the growing season is over, simply empty the earth out of the fabric bag and pack it away.
Apipi 2 Pack Raised Garden Planter Fabric Bed, 4 Divided Grids Durable Square Planting Grow Pot for Carrot Onion Herb Flower Vegetable Plants
- Made of eco-friendly polypropylene material, waterproof, heat and cold resisting(-94℉ to 320℉).
- 4 GRIDS GARDEN BED - This plastic planting garden bed has 4 divided grids, 11.8"(L)*11.8"(W)*9.8"(H) for each grid. There are some drain holes on bottom, helpful for planter growth.
- GREAT FOR SEEDLING GROWING AND PLANTING - This raised garden bed is good for seedlings and planters growth, works with any material pot or planter. Cube square allows it to be placed on any flat surface, rooftop, patio, urban gardens, concrete, etc..
- FILL IT AND PLANT - This is an amazing way to grow vegetables without the hassle of an in-ground garden. It's easy to raise the garden bed. Just unfold it on any level surface, yard, deck or patio, and you’re ready to grow.
- Please check our product size carefully and read the product size descriptions before purchasing to avoid possible unpleasant shopping experience.
How to Build a Raised Garden
One easy way to add to the value and aesthetic beauty of your yard is to build a raised garden.
The first thing that you will need to do after deciding to build a raised garden is to sketch out its basic design. When sketching your raised garden take into consideration the size and shape of your yard, the other landscape features in your yard, and your access to water. If you don't have a lot of experience with landscaping you also may want to make your design shape simple. Stick with basic shapes like circles, squares, rectangles, and triangles. When deciding on where in your yard to position the raised garden take into consideration how much shade and light the plants you plan on putting in your garden will need.
After deciding on where to position your garden in your yard, and what shape it should be, your next step is to buy the materials that you will need for your raised garden's construction. The first material that you will need is the board materials that will contain the raised garden. You can select from a number of new and recycled materials. You can use old tires, timbers, concrete blocks, bricks, or boulders. Your material choice needs to reflect your vision for the garden, its shape, and of course, it will need to be within the means of your garden budget.
You can find concrete garden wall stones at your local home and garden center for between $3 and $4 a piece. Concrete blocks are about $2 to $3 a piece. To determine how many you will need measure the perimeter of your planned garden and divide this number by the length of each brick, timber, etc. This will give you the number of border items you will need for one course of containment material around your garden. You will then need to multiply this number by the number of rows high you want your garden. If you are using bricks or garden border bricks then two or three rows will be needed.
When you are buying your containment materials you should also price gravel, sand, and soil. These materials will be the foundation of your raised garden. The gravel and sand are used for proper drainage, and the soil will be the substrate that you plant your flowers and other vegetation in. Store that offer these types of materials will also offer flowers, vegetable starters, and other garden accessories that you may want to purchase for your garden.
Putting It All Together
When you have all of your materials you are ready to start building your garden. In addition to the above mentioned materials you may also want to use: a shovel, gardening gloves, a hose, water, string, stakes, spray paint, and help.
Before you start laying out your garden boarder you may want to mark the shape of the garden in the grass, dirt, or concrete. To do this you can use spray paint or strings and stakes. After marking the border make sure that the ground where you will be laying down your garden boarder is free of rocks and bumps. Use a hoe, shovel, and/or rake to level out this area. When this area is clear and basically level you can start laying your foundation layer of your garden boarder.
If you are using bricks you won't need to set them in mortar as the weight of the brick and the dirt will be enough to keep them in place. Just don't build your garden edges up higher then two or three rows. If you are using timbers you will probably need to drive in stakes about every three feet on both sides of the timbers to keep them from falling away from the garden.
After your border material has been set into position your next step is to put down a layer of gravel at the bottom of your raised garden. This layer will help with drainage. On top of the gravel you can put an optional layer of sand. This will not only help with drainage, but it will also help to transition your garden from gravel to dirt. On top of the gravel, or sand layers, you will place your garden soil. Fill your raised garden to about one inch from the top of the border materials. This margin will prevent erosion and it will keep your rich garden soil inside your raised garden.
When your soil is in your garden your next step is to plant your flowers and other vegetation. You can buy pre-started flowers and vegetables, or you can plant seeds in your new garden. Whichever method you use you will want to water and feed your garden after you plant. This will help ease your plants out of shock from being transplanted, and it will help them establish their root hold in your garden. For the first week you will want to water your garden daily. Not to a point of saturation, but just enough to keep the soil moist. After the first week you can water as is recommended for the plants that you have selected.